Graduate Assistant for University Extended Campus at the MSU Edina location (7700 France Avenue) - University Extended Campus
To be considered for this position, please submit: 1) a cover letter; 2) a resume; 3) unofficial transcripts; 4) contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION CLOSE DATE: August 11, 2022
POSITION START DATE: August 28, 2022
The Graduate Assistant for University Extended Campus will have a range of responsibilities including, but not limited to:
1. Assist the Director of Marketing and the Operations Administrator at the 7700 France Edina location.
2. Conduct initial market research - competitive rates research in collaboration with others.
3. Update current contacts, emails and other information needed for future email campaigns and mailings.
4. Assist with the set up and coordination of events at 7700 France.
5. Provide front desk support to staff, students and visitors – in-person, online and phone.
6. Support activities related to facility operations.
7. Monitor Extended Campus mailbox and respond to inquiries.
8. As directed, assist with maintaining and updating the UEC website.
9. Assist with various projects related to marketing, student recruitment and retention. (ex. Data entry and market research, student calling…)
10. Assist with the MavCARD Student ID process.
11. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree.
- This position is based in Edina, MN. Student must be able to work at the additional off-site location, located on 7700 France Ave.
- Admitted to a Minnesota State University, Mankato graduate program by start date.
- Enrolled in a minimum of six (6) graduate credits per semester during assistantship, and in good academic standing.
- Ability to work some late evening and Saturday hours.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Experience in data entry and working with spreadsheets.
- Basic technology skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
SALARY/STIPEND: Up to $10,000 stipend (20 hours per week) plus tuition stipends (up to 9 credits/semester), dependent upon availability of funds, period of appointment, and assignment. Appointments made after the tenth day of classes are not eligible for a tuition waiver.
Minnesota State System policy requires that graduate assistants must reside within the State of Minnesota for the duration of their appointment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at www.mnsu.edu.
MaiChong Lee, Operations Administrator
University Extended Campus
Minnesota State University, Mankato
7700 France Ave. S., Suite 500
Edina, MN 55435
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school's policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security. Three years' worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/. You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111 or by emailing email@example.com.
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This vacancy notice is available in an alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.