Graduate Assistant: Master of Accounting Program (MAcc) - Accounting and Business Law
To be considered for this position, please submit: 1) a cover letter; 2) a resume; 3) unofficial transcripts; and 4) contact information for three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION CLOSE DATE: October 12, 2023
POSITION START DATE: January 7, 2024
The graduate assistant will assist in the general operation of the Master of Accounting (MAcc) at Minnesota State University, Mankato. Responsibilities include:
• Support and promote the accounting undergraduate and MAcc programs.
• Manage special projects.
• Assist with teaching the Accounting Cycles undergraduate course.
• Tutor specific subject areas.
• Perform other duties as assigned including classroom assistance for faculty teaching in the MAcc.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a closely related discipline.
- Eligible for admission to a Minnesota State University, Mankato graduate program. (Appointments are contingent upon acceptance into a graduate degree program.)
- Admitted to a Minnesota State University, Mankato graduate program by start date.
- Enrolled in a minimum of six (6) graduate credits per semester during assistantship, and in good academic standing.
- Maintain a minimum 3.4 GPA.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skill to work independently and cooperatively.
- Demonstrated ability to tutor a wide range of subjects in the Accounting curriculum.
- Prior tutoring experience or prior work experience with Accounting majors.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
SALARY/STIPEND: Up to $10,000 (20 hrs/week) per academic year ($5,000 per semester) plus tuition stipends of 9 credits per semester, dependent upon availability of funds, period of appointment and assignment. Appointments made after the tenth day of classes are not eligible for tuition waiver.
Potential for renewal of appointment beyond the initial period of employment is contingent upon satisfactory performance and available funding. Graduate Assistants with a summer appointment must enroll for at least two graduate credits. Additional information about graduate assistantships at Minnesota State University, Mankato and application are available at: http://grad.mnsu.edu/.
Minnesota State System policy requires that graduate assistants must reside within the State of Minnesota for the duration of their appointment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at www.mnsu.edu.
Dr. Byron Pike, MAcc Director
Accounting and Business Law
Minnesota State University, Mankato
150 Morris Hall
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school's policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security. Three years' worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/. You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111 or by emailing email@example.com.
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This vacancy notice is available in an alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.